Linda Davis Berglund: The Heckler Behind The Heckle

On January 22, 2012, The Williamson County Sun published an article regarding the current race for Williamson County district attorney. In the article, the Sun reported on a luncheon that was held on January 18, 2012, hosted by the Georgetown Area Republican Women’s group. The Sun reported that “two of the group’s members said they booed Ms. Duty’s ‘negative’ message about Mr. Bradley. They said it was unfair to criticize Mr. Bradley for the Morton case.”

The Sun went on to say:  “Linda Berglund, a Sun City resident, said Ms. Duty sounded downright nasty”. Ms. Berglund then went on to criticize Duty and stated that she (Berglund) was one of the two who “booed” Duty. The other, who was sitting at her table, is a longtime supporter and financial donor to Bradley.

The Williamson County Sun fails to mention why Berglund would boo Duty for speaking about Bradley’s wrongful handling of the Morton case, where he fought for six years against DNA testing--testing that the Court of Criminal Appeals eventually allowed in ruling against Bradley, and then ordering Bradley to test the bloody bandana that ultimately freed Morton from prison.

Could the reason be because Ms. Berglund is the sister of one of the prosecutors in the 1987 trial where Morton was wrongfully convicted? Could it be because Berglund is the sister of one of the prosecutors being investigated by the State Bar of Texas for prosecutorial misconduct? Or could it be because Berglund is the sister of the attorney who possibly illegally billed Williamson County in 2010?

Perhaps the public has the right to know that Linda Berglund is the sister of Round Rock attorney Mike Davis, second chair in the Michael Morton case and the attorney whom District Attorney John Bradley refused to investigate for possibly illegally billing the county while Davis represented Don Higginbotham, a former judge who was accused of sexually harassing his employees. Perhaps it really doesn’t matter. But given the set of circumstances, in the interest of full disclosure, we felt that since the Sun did not inform the readers who Ms. Berglund is, we thought we'd let them decide the motives behind the “boos” and comments to the Sun.

In closing, it makes one wonder if Ms. Berglund would also publicly “boo” John Raley for his interview (see below) in which he explicitly details the fight of John Bradley against DNA testing in the Morton case. Perhaps we will never know. But one thing is for certain: Ms. Berglund didn’t do her chosen candidate any favors with her outburst.

Stay informed by subscribing to the blog. Simply enter your email address at the top left of the page where it says "subscribe" and an email will be sent alerting you when a new story is published.

Visit the Wilco Watchdog facebook page today by clicking this link

You can click the share button below to email this article or post on your facebook.

What did you think of this article?

Trackbacks
  • No trackbacks exist for this post.
Comments

• 1/23/2012 5:56 PM Wilco Citizen wrote:
    This is RICH! Way to go Watchdog!
  • 1/23/2012 6:03 PM Retired from Wilco wrote:
    Way to go SNOOPdog, uhh, I mean Watchdog.
    Very good investigative work as usual!
  • 1/23/2012 6:08 PM Caitlin wrote:
    Nicely done!
  • 1/23/2012 6:45 PM Bah-Bye-Bradley wrote:
    Ms. Berglund seems somewhat at odds with her brother in that Mike Davis isn't rushing to cover, or apologize, for Big John's strange dedication to protecting Ken Anderson's manifestly incompetent/corrupt behavior in this case. Or is she her brother's stand-in for this purpose?

At any rate, she just created yet another occasion to remember that Mike Davis was a part of a very unseemly miscarriage of justice.

Better she should remain silent.
  • 1/23/2012 6:46 PM Tawanda wrote:
    So, brother and sister are also cut from the same cloth. Do either of them have any self respect? I can't imagine booing a speaker during a luncheon because I didn't agree with their position.

I hope the other guests know what motivated this out of line behavior.

Great job WW!
    1. 1/23/2012 7:09 PM Retired from Wilco wrote:
      As usual Tawanda, A great response! I love seeing your responses/blogs. You are so accurate and factual.
      1. 1/23/2012 7:51 PM Tawanda wrote:
        I worded it a little awkward; glad you knew what I meant. Obviously siblings are cut from the same genetic cloth but in a figurative sense, WOW! Burglund's blunder in the SUN reminded me of her brother when he referred to Michael Morton's lawyers as "fruit of the loom" in his interview with the Sun. Her heckling reminded me of how her brother treated the 2 women who sued his buddy.
  • 1/23/2012 7:01 PM Sun City resident wrote:
    Welcome to the dark side of Sun City.
  • 1/23/2012 7:02 PM PS wrote:
    BURN! Hey jb, may want to pick your hecklers a bit better. Mike Davis' sister? Really? Not sure what's worse, the heckling, or that the Wilco Sun got played....
  • 1/23/2012 7:15 PM Steve wrote:
    Let this sister of the prosecutor (Davis lady) know Casey Anthony needs supporters too.
    Who knows she may even attend the next Anderson hearing, They need a couple more of good boobs , I mean boo's in the audience. These kinds of people have their heads in the dirt !
    Go Duty ! Stay Strong!
  • 1/23/2012 7:26 PM Ryan P wrote:
    Just a little bit of extra information sure makes a big difference.
  • 1/23/2012 7:27 PM Sun City Georgetown Tx wrote:
    I'm very puzzled about something. I find it odd how the Sun found that woman. How did the Sun know? I find it disgusting what this woman did and I had no clue who she was until now. This sounds like a set up by the Sun to attack Duty or Mr. Bradley to get some press. The Sun is pretty pathetic printing that in the first place. Sounds like they are trying to pay her back for cutting them off. I think it's great she told them to get lost. Ms. Duty, coming from a Sun City resident, I am here to say that everyone I talk to is NOT voting for Mr. Bradley. If those two women who do NOT represent the Republican party want to bash you, don't give it a second thought. I am embarrassed what those two women did. Now that I know who it was who heckled Ms. Duty, it makes perfect sense.
  • 1/23/2012 7:30 PM jane doe wrote:
    Good catch.
  • 1/23/2012 7:58 PM Kris wrote:
    The Wilco Sun reads this. I know for a fact. They owe their readers an explanation of who this woman is! PERIOD! I am forwarding this story to ALL of my email contact list. I am also sharing it on my Facebook page.
  • 1/23/2012 8:06 PM 78717 wrote:
    Shoddy press at best by the Sun. What's the real story, though? Either they are biased in the campaign and they knowingly published this, or they are rookies who don't research what they have before they print it.i guess if you have no integrity and pride in your work, it doesn't matter if it will sell a paper. Justice was served in the end since they actually made Duty the victim. Duty should be proud that she doesn't have people like that behind her. Let the Jandanas...or...um bandanas fly!
  • 1/23/2012 8:10 PM Round Rock Voter wrote:
    After watching that video, I'm sure that woman would boo him too. The truth hurts. The truth set Michael Morton free. I hope the truth sends Anderson to Prison and Bradley to the unemployment line.
    1. 1/23/2012 8:57 PM Debbie wrote:
      LOL! I love your comment and agree Anderson needs to go to prison and Bradley needs be unemployed. But here is the kicker - Bradley will not receive unemployment since you only receive unemployment for losing your job "through no fault of your own." Oops.....looks like John Bradley will be unemployed WITHOUT an unemployment check!! Karma is true justice.
  • 1/24/2012 9:01 AM Shannon wrote:
    It sounds like Linda Berglund is cut from the same cloth as her brother. Don't forget that Jana was also responsible for uncovering a lot of the details about Mike Davis illegally billing the County for work done to 'help' Higginbotham during that sexual harassment scandal. Did anyone get a video of the heckler? Sounds like a good youtube video with a few notes about the Mrs. Berglund's identity. Although since the Sun reported this it seems as though Mrs. Berglund has already received her 15 minutes of fame (sort of). Way to go Watchdog for uncovering the ENTIRE STORY.

I'm looking forward to the election results this April. So is the rest of the County.
  • 1/24/2012 6:51 PM J.R. wrote:
    It's true that Bradley won't draw unemployment if he fails to get re-elected, but the reason is because elected officials are specifically exempted from the program. No elected official in Texas draws unemployment when they leave office. Some *do* draw hefty retirement checks that most private citizens would love to have, but I don't know if Bradley has enough time to qualify.
  • 1/25/2012 7:11 PM Retired from Wilco wrote:
    Hmmm...Sorta surprised the Watchdog has not responded to the Editorial in the Wednesday Wilco SUN about this article??
    That said I would love for Linda Berglund to respond to this posting that the Watchdog has posted above PLUS what was said in the SUN's Editorial.